Friday, December 15, 2006

Home Sweet Home

It aint easy coming back home. Quite some torments to go through.

Firstly is the crazy packing of 4 months stuffs. I'm super undecisive of how and what to pack. Eventually, I brought back 24.5+10+12kg of things! Not that bad considering I didn't send things home. Left quite some clothes and miniricecooker+kettle and pillows+comforter. Sobx.

Secondly is the dragging of tonne-weighed luggage. Luckily I still have Youie to help me manoevuer the three bags and LV bag. Not an easy task at all. Cooked mee suan for us both for a lil treat before pathetically handling the luggages.

Thirdly, I have to go around the airport alone to look for check-in counter, vat counter, BA service counter.. Blah. I was 2 hours earlier than check-in time, meaning I was FOUR hours earlier than my flight. Ha. Luckily the checking in of my heavy baggages were no problem. I wasn't charged for exceeding weight limit.

Fourthly, the customs clearance was the worst. I was dumb enough not to read the hand carry rules for liquids. So I was checked three times in and out. My belt and shoes removal, the laptop in my bag was happily sitting inside when I should have taken it out before the scan, and liquids found in my bag led to thorough checking of my SIO freebag. Pathetic and terrible feelings.

Fifthly, had a lil tiff with Kie because of my attitude. Cant blame me. It aint easy carry 12kg handcarry on shoulders! My tolerance level is beyond controllable limit.

Sixthly, flight was delayed for half an hour. Luckily, Josephine and Joseph were there to accompany me and I treated myself a cute ice-cream!

Seventhly, I was having trouble at the London airport for carrying one bag and holding a LV paper bag. Gosh. I was supposed to do the VAT and how the nuts am I suppose to squeeze that one grand worth of Lockit into my stupid SIO bag stuffed with choc?! Was ridiculing the officer for suggesting such a stupid thing. He just shrugged and rudely said later it was the RULE. I felt so helpless because the two Jos had problems too and went off earlier to recheck-in their extra luggage. Another black officer came to my rescue. He was super nice and gave me a crazily small paper bag in hope that I can squeeze in all my items. Obviously my SIO bag was too big for it and I cant afford to spoil MF's LV bag. He was trying all ways to make things better for me. He suggested holding the LV box like a gift and so that the nutcase officer can let me go. He even used foul language on the nutcase for being such a difficult person. While we were figuring things out, he noticed the nutcase was gone to check something, he then asked me to quickly walk pass the checkpoint. Being retarded as usual, it took me a min to understand his kind intentions while I was still trying to figure packing some things from the paper bag into my SIO. Ha. I then quickly scurried past the checkpoint. Surprise! The nutcase was on his way back and walking towards me! I turned to look nervously at the nice black guy and he professionally motioned out loud to me the way to get to the scanning checkpoint. He even walked a distance with me, escotting me the way. That nutty guy could do nothing then.

Eighthly, I had no idea where to find the VAT counter. London Heathrow was certainly not a friendly airport, yet funnily enough I heard this briton telling a norwegian on our way from oslo to london that LH is a renowed airport. My foot. Lack of signages and directories. And worse thing, their staff have no idea where is the VAT counter! That young chap I asked was such a big mistake. He broke my last straw, just when I thought I was saved my the nice black guy. My blood was boiling when I couldn't find a decent staff to ask for directions. I walked up and down the airport, passing so many people but none of them are airport staff. I was receiving passing comments when I was looking fuming mad walking around the airport. One said gorgeous, the other called me beautiful. And when I was checking into the plane. the controller told me I'm beautiful. Comments like that didn't make my day but guess it lifted away the grumpy feelings I had. Ugh. LH still irked me!

Ninethly, the flight to home was delayed too! 45min. Ha. What a trip home...

At least, I was home to see the smiles from my parents, my brother, my sis-in-law, hugo&hiero&huela and Kie. I was crying mad hugging my mummy. Hee. Miss her and Miss Fatty the most. She wasn't at the airport, claiming she had exams to prepare. Then realised, it was only a common test! 20% paper worth more than looking at her beloved sis who was gone for 4months! Kie too. His 120SGD daily pay worths more than his gf. Bleah.

Thanks the two Jos.. Joseph and his cold jokes like pressing the bell when I see Sg from the plane and Josephine and her irritating guessing game like guessing the cost of items which she thinks are way overly-priced.

I'm finally home.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home