Friday, February 15, 2008

I know it's kinda outdated to talk about Sweeney Todd, but that's the latest movie I caught! Yesh, not PS. I Love You, neither was it Jumper nor my idol's CNY movie.

ST turned out to be a cringy movie for me. Because I was expecting 80% of the movie to be slitting throats! Ah. So it was just me getting all jittery throughout while Mr K was frowning at the musical lalala and fascinated with my over-exaggeratingly worried looks.

Talking about musical, the best musical movie thus far has to be Moulin Rouge. Bet everyone would agree to it. Even the best musical ever, Phantom of the Opera, couldn't outbeat the glam and the beautiful storyline. POTO movie was too boring for certain parts. And of course, Nicole Kidman died prettier than Emmy Rossum.

ST is a dark musical, so somehow it wouldn't come across as popular at the other two. ST was too black for my liking, not forgetting how I hate slitting throat scenes. I was shutting my eyes real tight whenever someone gets on that barber chair, even though the blood gushing out everytime looks the same. Laugh at me all you want, I didn't even know if Mr Parker killed Joanna. Dark irony, satire, black humour are all found in ST. It's more like a literature film than a musical comedy. Johnny Depp is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home